Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Andiamo in Tunisia

The first semester has come to a close. I can't believe how fast it went by and how much happened. Overall, it was one of the most amazing four month stretches of my life, but I'll get back to the highlights later.

Conor arrived yesterday afternoon and we spent about two hours trying to track him down. The poor guy had to stay in a convent for the night for 40 euro. Luckily he found us and we spent the afternoon adjusting and recovering. We had our Around the World party in Savonarola last night and it went extremely well. Seven different rooms hosted, and all were absolutely awesome. Last night was one of the funnest nights here so far. Tonight I am packing for Tunisia...the buses leave for the Rome airport at 4 a.m. I can't wait.

Here are just a few notes on the first semester. Words can't do the overall experience justice, but just know that every day was a life altering experience.

Notes/Highlights
  • Opening tour was such a blast because we really got around Europe. The school did an excellent job with that trip and I'll never forget our two big dinners together as a group in Krakow and in Munich. Both were so much fun.
  • Thank God I came to my senses and went to Rome because the Italy/Ukraine game alone was worth the trip. Hands down it was the best soccer experience I've had as a tifoso.
  • Amalfi Coast was one of the best weekends of my life.
  • Cinqueterre is amazing and I can't get enough of it.
  • Not too many people get to go to Bosnia and Croatia, and I'm very fortunate for it.
  • Vespas are tight and there's nothing cooler than riding them around an island all day looking for beaches and catching sunsets.
  • Ireland is crazy.
  • Coming over to study means the same thing for Italians as it does back home in America.
  • Florence is the most beautiful city in the world.
  • Thank God I decided to study abroad

I'm off to Tunisia now. I'll let you know how it went when I return. Buon Natale!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home