Sunday, November 12, 2006

11/7-11/9: 21 Run and Prize Dinner

Tuesday Night- Since Tuesdays are the new Fridays in Florence, and I turned 21 at midnight, we decided to celebrate my 21 run tonight. I was a little nervous at first because I new it would get intense. Would I be able to make it to 21? If I did, what would I be like when I got there? I had a good day of classes and then did a little bit of homework. At about 6 15 I started with a box of Brichello, the way I usually start my nights here. I won't get into the details, but with the help of John, Matt, Kara, and a few others, I reached nine by the time I got to Lunees. A lot of people showed up at Loonees and since it was 2 for 1 happy hour from 7-9 I got a lot of drinks handed to me. I can't remember the exact timeline, but I know that I was only 3 away with a lot of time to spare before midnight. I chilled out, talked with a bunch of people, and did a lot of dancing. To be honest, I wasn't all that bad. I've been a lot worse. After reaching 20, I only needed one more and it wasn't midnight yet. I told John that I wanted to go out with a bang with the ultimate drink: the Three Horsemen. It's three straight shots of Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and Jose Cuervo all mixed together in one large shooter. I got fired up for it and took it like a champ, therefore actually making it to 23. I was still good to go, however, and I told people I was down to keep going, but they decided it was best if I stopped. I spent the rest of the night dancing and talking, and made it home late but on my own and in pretty good form. The next day I slept in but didn't feel too bad. Sitting through my hour and a half studies in fiction class was the worse and I started feeling pretty bad. But all I needed was some fresh air and a nap. All in all, the 21 run was a success but I'm glad that it's over. In my opinion I flat-out owned it.
Wednesday night Danny and I went to dinner at the Castellani as usual. We had a great time and I bought gelato for everyone to celebrate my birthday. Though I miss celebrating my birthday with my real family and hardly communicated with them that day, it was nice to be with a family for that day. It was a great conclusion to my 21st.
Thursday Night: Because Matt won the costume contest on Halloween and got to bring a guest to dinner, we got to go out on the town with Jen, Nick, and Federica, the student life coordinators. We went to a part of Florence I've never been to, one that sees few tourists and is rich with authentic Italian culture. We went to an apertivo bar and then to a very tasty restaurant. It was cool to see this new part of town. The Italian women in this part are very attractive and I liked the atmosphere. I'll be back soon to explore it more. Tomorrow we're off to the Isle of Elba for another exciting weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home