Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Snoop Jesus


Piove. Che bella!
It's pouring rain. How beautiful!

Somewhere between Piazza Republic and Piazza Signoria, he waits. Is he blessing an apostle or rolling down the street smokin and sippin on gin and juice? Who knows. I'm talking about Snoop Jesus, a statue that we came across this past Friday night. This statue of Christ, probably created a couple hundred years ago, greatly resembles Snoop Dog. It always provides a good laugh and even greater entertainment on the way back from the bars or clubs late at night. I'll take better pictures later; this one was taken at night when the lighting wasn't as good.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse, but for some reason I love it. The pouring rain reminds me of home. The crashing thunder reminds me how alive this voyage has made me feel. All is well and I'm off to Ireland tomorrow with a short day stop at Venice.

I finally met my Italian conversation partner Donatella today. She's extremely pretty and friendly and definitely made me suddenly forget all the Italian I've learned so far. Not only was I failing at Italian; I was also probably speaking at first grade level English as well. This is an Italian learning experience that I'm really looking forward to.

I'll let you know how Ireland goes. Bousie, Baker, Berg, and Langston await in Galway with Guinnesses in hand. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home