Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fortunato


It's pretty shocking that it's already December 3. I lost track of the days and almost fell over in my chair when I looked at the calendar. For the semester students, only a few grains of sand remain until they must return to the states. I feel for them and will definitely miss them.

I'm excited to see how the newcomers will be. There are 34 girls and six guys coming. The girls must be hating this right now. I'm not.

The weekend was a great one. I feel like I really got around Florence. I did a lot of studying for Italian as well. I'm learning the language quickly, and much of my education is taking place outside the classroom. This upcoming week is going to be a fun one; perhaps one of the best of the semester. Spero. I'm finally going to get out on the town during the week rather than staying in every night reading and writing papers. We have our Christmas party on Thursday, which is kind of a last hurrah for the semester kids.

The usual weekend meal of bread, cream cheese, and sauce is taking its toll on me. Tonight's loaf of bread was more like a brick, and my body has basically thrown in the towel and no longer expects big, tasty meals. Oh well...anything I can do to save money. Ciao! A presto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home