Saturday, December 09, 2006

hunger

The only thing I don't like about the weekends is the lack of food. They stop feeding us on Thursday and don't resume until Monday. They do serve breakfast from 7 to 9, but let's face it, there's a better chance of me coming back to the pensione and going straight to breakfast than me waking up that early for it. I've probably said this before, but I go with the 5 dollar deal for the weekend: two 50 cent baguettes, a tub of cream cheese, the cheapest red sauce I can find, and some cookies. I top it off with a few Peronis for good measure. At first, the cream cheese on bread with a little sauce was great. Especially when I was starving. Now I can barely get it down. I was looking in the mirror yesterday and I can barely recognize my body. After carrying my groceries home from the store the other day I felt like I had just done a three hour workout. Most of my muscle mass is gone. If I go back to the Ridge this summer I'm in deep trouble.

Today we played football in the park and it was a lot of fun. I hope we can do that a lot more in the future. It's nice to play a sport that doesn't involve a frisbee. Tomorrow we have a Christmas get together at my literature teacher Lee Foust's house. It should be epic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home