Saturday, January 13, 2007

12/30/06: It's the Summertime Baby!


Today was very, very, very relaxing. Finally. I tried to sleep in but ended up waking up around 9. That was fine because it meant I wouldn’t miss the buffet. I ate a good breakfast and then swam in the indoor pool with Engel and John. After that I cleaned up and went to the beach. The weather was very nice, probably around 70, and the hotel has a great beach with lawn chairs, a bar, and lots of cabanas. I laid out, swam in the ocean, and caught rays all day. I got a lot of sun. Not bad for a day in late December. The Mediterranean was pretty cold this time around, but nothing I couldn’t handle. The water’s a light blue down here but the ground’s a little rocky in places. It was just great to lie on a beach and take in the sun all day…It was exactly what I needed after all the traveling I’ve been doing.

We were on our own for lunch today so I grabbed some bread and a couple eggs at breakfast to hold me over. Unfortunately the eggs hadn’t been boiled enough so they were both practically raw and had to be tossed out. So by the time evening rolled around I was starving. The dinner was outstanding as usual and I hit it pretty hard. After dinner we went to the hookah bar and hung out there until 9 when we had a meeting about the New Year’s festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home