Monday, January 08, 2007

12/27/06: The Road To Djerba

We woke up around 7:30, got some breakfast, and hit the road. Today was mainly a lot of driving. I had sand everywhere: all over my face, in my hair, in my eyes, in my shoes, between my toes, etc. My camera lens was a little gritty and had trouble opening but I think it’s going to be okay.

Our SUV crew was the highlight of the day. It was John, Engel, and I along with Kelly, Liz, and Malia, none who go to GU. They’re a lot of fun and we talked about a lot of things. Our driver was pretty strange; he was way slower than everyone else and smoked with the windows up. That wasn’t a whole lot of fun. We stopped at another filming spot of Star Wars for lunch and then eventually made it to our hotel in Djerba. At first it took a long time to get into our room but the hotel is very fancy. The buffet dinner was the nicest I’ve had so far. I’m looking forward to kicking back the next few days and truly vacationing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home