Saturday, January 13, 2007

12/28/06


Today was cool, but I had originally planned on skipping the tour but ended up going, and I wish I hadn’t. It was mainly just a lot of driving and then a free day. I really just wanted to go to the town of Tataouine so that I could say that I did, and I guess I accomplished that. But it was just another market with dudes trying to peddle you their junk; another place to look at hukas and toss around the football. We stopped at an old village that was built into the hills that was pretty interesting.

Lunch wasn’t as good as the other buffets, but it was dece and I laid out by the pool and got some sun afterwards. I’m not that transparent color that I usually am during this time of the year. It’s nice.

When I got back I took a nap and then had another great buffet dinner. Who knows what kind of meat I’m eating, but I enjoy it. After dinner everyone went to the discotech and it was a lot of fun. Then I finally got to use the internet, but only for about 10 minutes. It was slow and the keyboard was an Arabic one, but at least I got to email my family. That was nice, but I wish I had more time and resources to get in contact with family and friends right now, especially since it’s the holiday season. Tomorrow is the last day of touring (not counting the dreaded 300 km of driving and touring we have to do on New Year’s Day), and it’s my time to do all the shopping I haven’t done so far. After tomorrow I get to relax and do some true vacationing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home