Saturday, January 13, 2007

1/1/07: The Coliseum


Today was back to the routine of this trip that I haven’t enjoyed so much: driving all day. The wake-up call was way too early and we spent pretty much all day in the bus. It was a really nice day outside and I wish I could’ve spent it relaxing at the beach. At least we had a good group of people in our bus and we made the most of the long drive. We stopped for lunch at a nice hotel and the buffet was one of the best I’ve had on this trip.

Apparently the fried fish they were serving was really bad…I didn’t mind it, but everyone was talking about how terrible it tasted. Tom brought a piece of it ith him on the bus as we were leaving and eventually Andrew Engel ended up eating it. It was pretty funny.
We stopped at a well preserved coliseum which was by far the coolest ruins we’ve stopped at. The coliseum was huge and a lot like the big one in Rome. We were free to roam around it as we pleased. After the Coliseum we drove to our next hotel, had dinner, and relaxed for a bit. I went to the hookah bar with Miller and Wallace and it was the strongest I’ve had so far. After that I went up to the room and watched some English TV. Tomorrow is our last full day of the Christmas tour. It’s been a blast but I’m extremely ready to get back to Firenze. I miss it a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home