Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mi piace Firenze

My opening tour spending cash supply has just about come to an end. It lasted a lot longer than I expected it to, and I'm impressed that I was able to live off of it for so long. Florence is an expensive city, especially in the tourist areas. Gelato and expensive restaurants can get you. But I think my main weakness will be those Italian suits that I see in the shop windows on my way to school every day. I really want one. Italians are very stylish. Even their sirens have a cool rhythm and sound nice.
Here's my basic day in Florence: I wake up around 7:30, eat breakfast at the pensione (bread, jam, hot chocolate, OJ), head to class, go to class from 8:30 to 11:45, and then go back to the pensione for lunch at 1. Lunch is the biggest meal, with pasta, bread, and some sort of meat dish. Then I either do homework or nap and then go to class in the afternoon. Dinner's at 7, and it's usually just a salad and pasta. So far I've found myself still full from lunch every time dinner rolls around. Evenings consist of either homework or walking around town, and possibly going to the Triangle Bridge or the bars. Cheap wine is my substitute for expensive beer for the very few nights I decide to drink. Tonight I'm going to take part in a traditional Tuscan dinner at some restaurant downtown. Apparently it's as many courses and all the wine and water you want.
I found a good running route on the street right in front of Savonarola that's the perfect distance. Plus running's getting a little easier because I'm starting to lose weight and I'm always loaded up on carbs. This weekend it's off to Cinque Terra to swim in the Mediteranean. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home