Saturday, May 24, 2008

A New Chapter




Back in April of 2007, over a year ago, I was perched atop a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean during a beautiful Ligurian sunset. As I watched the sea and ocean merge together to become a warm orange fire, I wondered what the future would bring me after Europe.

It's been about a year since I last posted something on this blog. Senior year was an incredible rollercoaster of events that flew by at light speed. I could probably write a book on it (take a look at my Florence posts for proof), but I'll give you a quick summary instead: Great friends, great house, great times. I love my roommates at 803 and Spring Break in San Diego was tight. With the ups came downs as well. My older brother Pete spent three months in intensive care clinging for his life after pnemonia and ARDS ravaged his lungs. Now he's home and still working hard to recover.

The reason I'm finally posting again is because now that college is done, I'm about to encounter yet another new adventure. I'll be teaching Special Education in Hawai'i at a high need school for the next two years through the Teach For America program. I want to keep everyone posted as I find my way through what will definitely be an epic, challenging, and rewarding journey.


So make sure you're strapped in and all your belongings are secure. The ride's about to start.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If I didn't already know this kid, I'd want to kick his butt.

I mean, first we read about his hard life during his year abroad in Florence. Italy. As in, Europe. Now, it's about his year of service in some far off place called Hawaii, where the sunsets, get this, seem to sear his soul.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home