Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In The End


In the end, it was nothing close to what I had expected. That part of me that thought he knew everything about the ways of the world drifted off to sleep somewhere over the Atlantic in early September and never woke up again. When I stepped off the plane in Berlin, I stepped into a dream that would carry on for the next eight months. At first it was a dream filled with uncertainty, fear, and shock. Then it turned into awe, admiration, and pure hunger. At times I was immortal. I knew everything, I was unstoppable, I could fly. In the end it was a dream of triumph, passion, and satisfaction. It was a dream filled with castles, beaches, sunsets, starry skies, foreign beauties, endless deserts, magical cities, hidden treasures. In the end, it wasn’t even a dream. It had been my reality.


"To be continued..."

-Father Tony


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home