Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Big Week




The arrival of Peaceful Pete and Annie, as well as Matt's 22nd birthday, stirred things up a little this week. Last night was pretty eventful. We played our weekly Calcetto, mini-soccer with teams of six. Professor Batterman organizes this, and it's definitely been one of the highlights of this semester. We each put down 5 euro to rent out a facility with two lighted astroturf fields. They're a little bit smaller than indoor fields, but it's pretty much the same style of play. We always have four co-ed teams, and my squad's won the last three weeks in a row. Last night, Batterman played a little bit and we had a couple good combos. A great give and go that I put away and then a bello goal by him after I found him on a diagonal.


After the game, we came back, cleaned up, and partied. Peaceful put on his Stomp the Yard mix, a bunch of rap from this movie he's always talking about. We played some games and then spent a lot of time at Joshua Tree. I'm pretty sure Millhouse had a good birthday. Plus it was great to see Pete and Annie and kick it with them. I'm looking forward to the next few nights as well.


Today I had to wake up early for my Florence of the Medici tour, which was supposed to be to the History of Science Museum. Unfortunately we couldn't get in, so the tour was cancelled. I had some time to kill before my Italian class, and it was a beautiful day, so I put on some tunes in my pod, walked around town, and took some great photos. For Italian class, Batterman took us on a tour to the Ferragamo Shoe Museum. It was surprisingly interesting and I learned a lot of things.


The days are dwindling down, but there's still a lot of fun to be had. I'll keep you posted.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home