Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Divertiamoci!

This week’s been a great one. The return from Barcelona left me pretty weary, but Matt’s mom and aunt were in town, so it meant it was time to live it up a little in Firenze. Monday night we went to a great restaurant. I can’t remember the name, but I need to because it’s some of the best food I’ve had here. Matt, Conor, and I decided to dress up in our Italian suits. We met Pam and Aunt Trish at their hotel, a great one right along the Arno next to the Ponte Vecchio. They were so happy to see us, especially in our suits. We had some wine and snacks, chatted, and then went to the restaurant. It was in a very old building with nice frescoes all over the walls. I started out with some spaghetti con vongole, which was great, although Matt’s Spaghetti Arrabiati was even better. Then I had some veal for my main course. Ottimo. Aunt Trish kept the wine flowing and we had tiramisu for dessert. It was a great meal.

On our way home, we spotted two girls on Cavour standing next to a bike with a set of Ipod speakers and a bottle of wine. One of them was taking a poll off the bottle, and I said to Conor and Matt, “That’s my kind of girl.” As it turns out, it was Lauran Intinerelli and KZ. So I was actually wrong, because Lauran frequently copies my blog and uses it as her own for her creative writing class. Not cool. Actually, I’m just joking. But we hung out for a while with them and then went back to Sav.

Tuesday was packed with classes, but when those finally ended, we went out to dinner once again with Pam and Aunt Trish to Il Latini. They kept on feeding us more and more food and once again the wine was flowing. We tried a bunch of different pastas and I had lamb, which was excellent. After dinner was over, we said our goodbyes (those two were like mothers to me this week and it was hard to say goodbye) and then headed back to Sav. Everyone was meeting up at Piazza Liberta with a vat of wine. By the time we got there things were already well under way. It was great to hang out with so many kids from the program at the same time for once. Things got pretty crazy and four kids ended up jumping into the fountain. When the wine was finished we planned on going to Space E, but ended up not making it. Too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home