Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Picture

Today God painted the perfect picture. It was a million different shades of blue illuminated by a bright Hawaiian sun. Almost everything good about life was in that picture. Thank God he painted me in there as well.

We spent the night down in Waikiki to watch the Zags and celebrate Spring Break. The game was WAY too close for comfort, but what a thriller! I can't wait to play UNC. After the game, we laid on the beach until the sun went down and then went into town for the evening. I had a good time but got tired pretty quickly. It's been a long week.

Today, as I said before, was pretty perfect. Kyle and I headed up to the North Shore around noon, then hit up the Seven Mile Miracle to enjoy the beach. I hadn't seen the water so still since back in October. We snorkeled at Shark's Cove (finally!) and the water was so clear. I couldn't dive down very deep because my ears are pretty plugged up with a cold but I swam with a turtle. Then we went to Waimea Bay, which had ideal conditions. There were no huge waves and the sun was out the entire time. We even got to jump off The Rock, which I haven't done in about five months.

We met up with Amanda and then Michal and his brother caught up with us to watch the sun go down at Sunset Beach and enjoy a Heineken or two. Finally, we wrapped up the evening with a hamburger at Ted's Bakery, which I can say is the best burger on the island, and arguably the world. It's tough to believe, but you need to try it.

This is really just a snapshot of my life out here. Sure, the job is very tough, but at the end of the day there is no doubt in my mind that I've done something meaningful and rewarding. I didn't expect it, but I've found myself in this dream world, pretty much trapped in a post card. It's not a bad place to be.



1 Comments:

Blogger matt miller said...

Hey man, just wanted to say that you have a way with words and are doing a fantastic job on the blog. I can always count on it to bring a smile to my face when I really need it. I hope everything is going as well as it seems and I look forward to GRIF and Griff and other great adventures when we get back. -miller

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home