Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Four-Day Weekend

A cloudless sky at the backyard beach


The summer camp park across the street


This is literally my neighborhood!


Kailua Beach

These are a few of the photos I took during this past four day weekend. I have to say it was probably the best weekend I've had here. As I said before, though they canceled school on Friday due to an impending storm, it never materialized, and the weather was perfect. All four days were very sunny, and I haven't seen so many consecutive nice days out here since back in the early fall. Saturday we ended up going to Waimea Bay for a while and then going into town for the evening, which was a blast. Sunday was all about the beach, and I laid out at Crozier Beach down the street pretty much all day.

On Monday, the final day, we went to the Winward side to Kailua Beach. It's definitely one of my favorite parts of the island, and I haven't been there since back in September. There's this little island about a quarter mile offshore that I paddled out to on my boogie board. I brought my snorkel out with the intent to do a little diving, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a decent break at the corner of the island. I was able to do some boogie boarding for the first time since the summer.

One of the highlights of the weekend was finally using the amazing field that is right across the street. It's part of a Salvation Army summer camp, but there's not a single person there right now, so on Friday we went and played football on the large grass field. There's a perfect basketball court there as well, so I shot hoops a couple times. I think I'll keep using the facilities until I get kicked off, or I'll try to talk to someone who works there about it. It's right across the street from the ocean and the mountains dominate the backdrop- literally a field of dreams.

Today was actually my first full day of teaching since I've break and I felt so refreshed. I hope it stays this way well into the quarter. Every class is going really well so far. It's good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home