Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What makes you feel alive?



A cold, wet grass field in October. Maybe he forgot to mark me, or maybe I was too fast for him. Whatever the case, the ball was sent through and I'm breaking away. Just me and the goalie. Pure freedom. Tiro. Back of the net...

A hot summer day. The river's cold on my legs, but I let my whole body fall into it anyways. A frigid shock followed by bliss. The water's so pure, it seeps into my pours. I hold my breath, go under, take it all in. I even drink it. Perfetto. Right then and there, I am the river...

A chilly night. La fermata. Just waiting for the bus. She smiles. It says a thousand words, words that I don't have to translate, learn, or study. "So, do you miss me?" She wants it just as bad as I do. I lean in...

Il tramonto. The sunset. Nothing but a sleeping bag, my pocket knife, and some bread and cheese. And my best friends. "You know what would be nice right now? A kebab. And hammertime." We laugh. I smile. I can't see anything but the ocean, sky, and stars...

A fantasy. Peace. A burried hatchet. Nothing matters now but love. All else is put aside- greed, envy, power. A world senza paura. No fear.

Then I awake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home