Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer so far...

Summer's off to a pretty good start. Last week I taught credit recovery, or summer school for the students who didn't pass their core classes. I had six eighth graders, all students I'd previously had in my Italian classes. I lucked out because they were all good kids, just a little lazy. We had a lot of fun and I hope they learned a thing or two along the way. It was good to have a little routine last week because so many people are gone now that believe it or not it can get pretty boring. I would teach until noon, work on online UH stuff, go to the gym, and then spend the afternoon at the beach. I'd be okay if every day of the school year was like that.

My parents get here the day after tomorrow and then my little brother gets in on Saturday. I can't wait! Everyone's getting really excited and I'm certain that it's going to be a great vacation.

Last point of business is that I'll be back in Washington from July 8-July 23. I'd love to see as many people as possible, so let me know if you'll be around and we can meet up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home