Wednesday, September 20, 2006

D-Day

9/10-9/11

I'm in Europe. It's still hard to belive. Surprisingly, the flight wasn't all that bad. I actually enjoyed the longest streth from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. I got to watch 2 movies, play video games, and listen to my iPod. I didn't get to sit by anyone I knew until Matt and I were assigned seats together from Amsterdam to Berlin. The Amsterdam airport was pretty amazing. We were blown away by the high-class stores. It reminded me of Bellevue Square. They sold lots of tobacco, booze, and chocolate. What more could you ask for?

Our last stretch was filled with nothing but jokes about Snakes on a Plane and Band of Brothers. From what I saw from the air, germany looked pretty cool.

Man, my arms are sore from carrying all my bags. Arrival was a little disorganized, but they eventually got us onto the bus and to the hotel. They randomly assigned us roommates...but I was randomly assigned with John. We both thought it was pretty funny how that worked out.

Our room is something else. The first thing I said when I walked in was "Nice" followed by "What the..." The shower is pretty much part of the bedroom and the toilet is in its own room with a flimsy door. I guess the best way to describe it would be very simple yet very modern. Tonight we have a nice dinner and tomorrow we see the town....
Observations
  • Everyone really does smoke here
  • People ride bikes casually in the streets w/out helmets
  • Skeeze would've loved our three Dutch flight attendants on the last stretch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home